Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why London?

UWO
Here is an article a reader submitted to me. She was a student at the University of Western Ontario, and wanted to share why she now calls London home.

Many people have asked me why don’t I move back home (to Hamilton). I moved to London just over four years ago to attend Western University. Since then, I have called London home. While students moved back home during summer breaks, I stayed here. I recently graduated in June, and I am still here. So…why do I stay in London?

Coming from a large industrial city, it wasn’t hard to fall in love with London. London seemed noticeably safer, and I was awed by the beauty of the tree-lined streets and lush green parks.

There are lots to see and do; plenty of festivals such as the London Ribfest, Sunfest, and Balloon Festival that take place annually. If you take a stroll down Richmond Row, you can find many places to eat or have a drink. During the winter months, you can go skating in Victoria Park or outside the Covent Garden Market.

Now London is a smaller city than Hamilton, albeit larger than most in Ontario. But I do appreciate how it offers the best of both worlds. For 8 months of the year, there is a hustle & bustle. During the summer months, students are gone, and the city calms; it becomes more peaceful and quiet.

There is one downside to London: the snow. London is located in the Snow Belt region so the city gets a lot of snow. But don’t fret, there’s an upside! It makes beautiful winters.


Would you like to share your experience of living in London? Email me or leave a comment!

1 comment:

Cheap Flights to London said...

Тhеrе аrе nо surрrіsеs wіth thе tеrmіnаl іtsеlf, аll thе stаndаrd fасіlіtіеs аrе іn рlасе іnсludіng сhоісе оf fоrеіgn ехсhаngе, рhаrmасіеs, nеws stаnds еtс. Тhеrе іs а gооd rаngе оf еаtіng орроrtunіtіеs rаngіng frоm fаst fооd аnd рub fооd thrоugh tо sіt dоwn rеstаurаnts. Іn соmmоn wіth аll аіrроrts run bу ВАА, thе оwnеr, thеrе іs а lоt оf luхurу shорріng оutlеts. Вut rеmеmbеr, thе vаst mајоrіtу оf flіghts frоm Ѕtаnstеd аrе wіthіn thе ЕЕС аnd dо nоt quаlіfу fоr dutу frее stаtus.cheap flights to London